TREE SERVICE THAT MAKES YOU SMARTER, SAFER, AND BETTER LOOKING. GUARANTEED.
Precision Tree Services Ltd is a small business in Comox Valley, BC. We are innovative, autonomous, and professional and our goal is to protect people, property and power from pain.
Our work environment includes:
– want to work at extreme heights with razor-sharp implements on trees near high voltage power lines?
– have proficient chainsaw skills?
– hold yourself to a higher standard?
– want to work with a company that has high standards?
– have a positive attitude?
– want to feel appreciated for what you do?
– want to grow?
Precision Tree is based in the Comox Valley and specializes in utility tree work – to protect people, property, and power from pain. Our team works full-time, year-round, where we live – on North Vancouver Island (Courtenay to Port Hardy and everywhere in-between).
At Precision we love:
– providing an essential service to our families and our community
– working with a wicked team
– using technology to do more work with less effort
– being disciplined and managing ourselves
– laughing at weird jokes
– challenges like climbing mountains and fractions
– being outside, away from artificial air and plastic people
– adrenaline-inducing activities not for the faint of heart
– being healthy
– superheroes and supervillains
– first aid
– traffic control
– working safely around vehicles and pedestrians on roads
– moving/lifting/dragging trees & branches
– chipping trees & branches
– cutting the heck out of stuff
– slashing, chainsaw operation
– driving commercial vehicles
– climbing trees
– tree care, assessment, and maintenance around high voltage power lines
Our position is for NON-SMOKERS only. You MUST have your COVID vaccination to qualify for this position. Pay starts at $25/hr and can go up to $36/hr depending on experience. You must have a minimum of 1-year chainsaw experience to qualify for this position. You must be able to work shifts in the North Vancouver Island area, in areas like Port Hardy, Sointula, Quatsino, Woss, Gold River, Sayward, Cortes Island, Campbell River, Courtenay and anywhere in-between. Precision pays for accommodations and offers a $60/day Living Out Allowance for projects that require living out. Benefits package available after 6-month probation. Profit-sharing gets paid when you help us hit our financial targets. Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP) is currently in development.
The successful candidate will be e-mailed to determine that you are a real person. We will set up a phone interview and check your references. You will be sent a few documents that outline Precision’s core values, and principles, a list of all required skills for each position, our wage structure, and a sample position agreement to review. You will be asked to come in for two try-out days to gauge your work ethic.
Look, you got this far, don’t stop now. You’re so close. PLEASE include a short cover letter telling us why you’d be a super healthy fit for our team with your application. Maximum effort yields maximum results.
This position is full-time.
Thank you for taking the time to read our posting.
~James, Team Captain, Precision Tree Services Ltd
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $25.00 per hour